This photo blog is about sharing the beauty that I see.
It is my way of making a positive contribution toward a more kind and peaceful world.
It is my hope that the beauty in my photographs will spark a bit of peace, appreciation, and joy in others and remind them that the same magnificent beauty lies within them.
For a little background information, here is a quick snapshot of who I am:
- A Mother
- A Nana
- A Wife (to the same kind man for 32 years)
- A Sister
- A Friend
- A senior citizen by some standards
- A vegetarian who doesn’t like to cook
- Spiritual, but not religious
- A good problem solver
- A photographer with a very basic camera
- A composter and recycler
- An introvert
- And very recently….. a blogger
In addition, I’ve lived in New York, California, Tennessee, Washington State, Kansas, Florida, and now South Carolina. I grew up in LA, and graduated from San Diego State University in 19?? with a degree in Deaf Education. I worked for more than 22 years as a teacher of children who are deaf or have other special needs. I have worked on research grants, written curriculum materials, and tutored.
Besides this blog, I have another one, whereslynda.wordpress.com, which includes my photographs with writing that emphasize my spiritual side. Now, I think you’ve gotten a pretty good picture of who I am, except for these last few things:
- I went to elementary school with Kurt Russell’s sister (and even went to a sleep over at their house)
- When I was in high school, I lived in a house once owned by Ann Margaret which was up the street from the house where the Jackson Five lived
- I was in People Magazine
- I went to New Zealand for seven weeks
- I’m a good Wordfeud (Words with Friends) player
- I don’t watch any violent or negative TV shows or movies
- I love deer (the cute animal, not the meat)
- I meditate
- I once owned a Karmann Ghia (and would love to own another one)